A mini devotional blog published on Sunday mornings, featuring original photography by me matched to bible verses.
Sunday, September 27, 2026
For this reason I bow my knees to the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
Ephesians 3:14
Good morning, all!
The mornings have been nice and cool here in north Texas and soon the afternoons will follow, perhaps another week or two and Fall should arrive.
I was out walking the property this week which helps alleviate pain of osteo-arthritis in my hip and I saw this sweet wild rabbit in the meadow. It was only about 10 feet from me and instead of hopping away, it bowed down close to the wild grass. I guess the bunny thought it would blend in and I would not see it. It brought a smile to my face to see an animal beside deer in that meadow!
I found this verse in the book of Ephesians to go with my photo. This is the start of a very long sentence and prayer. The apostle Paul had spoken to the Ephesians about unity of believers, earlier in the chapter, as well as the motives for prayer. He starts this prayer with the type of attitude we should have when we communicate with God, not necessarily physically bowing our knees (although there are times that this posture is needed), but the importance of our manner – it should be in reverence and zeal as we humble ourselves in front of Almighty God. The rest of the verses, 15-19, are beautiful words for the spiritual well-being of these Ephesian believers (and us as believers). The whole of chapter 3 is packed full of wonderful truths, and I encourage you to read the whole passage for a joyful reality of the Lord’s love and grace.
May your week have moments of joy and time to be in God’s word.
Prayer for today:
Dear Heavenly Father, thank You for giving us Your Spirit, that leads us into the truth of Your love and grace for our lives. Please help me to make time to read my bible and help me to understand what You would have me to know about You and about life. In the name of Jesus, our Lord, I pray. Amen.
Gaby
©gabyethington
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment