Sunday, September 20, 2026


And now, Lord, what do I wait for? My hope is in You.
Psalm 39:7


Hello, everyone!


This coming week we will be getting some relief from this very hot summer we have had. Thank the Lord for that!

My photo shows a Mississippi Kite hawk that was sitting on the electrical wire by the street in front of our house. It was patiently waiting there and looking around, probably for some kind of prey in the meadow. It didn’t even budge as I got closer to photograph it.

This Psalm verse is a reflection of hope, as David seems to ask for wisdom and forgiveness because of complaining to the Lord. He has tried to keep quiet about the adversities of life but broke that silence with some grumbling. He also quickly realizes that God has plans and purposes. David ends this Psalm with a bid for relief.

I have been guilty of not trusting in God’s plan for this world. Recently, I started to remove myself from looking at the news every day and to my delight, I have been calmer and more joyful. Although I do not want to put my head in the sand, I do allow myself to look at the news every Monday. Then I fast from it for the rest of the week. This has helped me greatly with my outlook and my trust that God has this.

May your week be filled with the peace of God and letting go of the turmoil of this world.

Prayer for today:

Heavenly Father, thank you for wisdom to trust You and to leave the lamenting and fears behind. I pray for forgiveness for bemoaning the world’s happenings and I thank You for calming my nerves and anxiousness. You are the Lord God Almighty, Creator of the universe, and I thank You for Your blessings of salvation and peace. In the name of Jesus, our Lord, I pray. Amen.

Gaby

©gabyethington

No comments:

Post a Comment