The earth is the Lord’s, and all its fullness, The world and those who dwell therein.
Psalm 24:1
Good morning, friends!
I was looking through my photo archives and saw this one from Spring last year, so I thought it was a good one for this week’s devotional. This is a Buckeye butterfly enjoying native Texas Milkweed in our meadow. It is a unique butterfly and the ‘eye spots’ on its wings remind me of peacock feathers. The Lord created so many varieties of flora and fauna; it just amazes me when I stop to really look at His creation.
This Psalm 24 starts out as acknowledgement of who owns the earth - Our Creator Lord! We dwell in a fantastic universe - here and beyond - and God deserves the praise for all He has done inside of us and outside. There are times I need to remember that He has a purpose in everything, and I must remember not to fret and get worried. Instead, I need to give Him praise and I need to trust the fact that He has my soul completely in His protection and His love.
May your week have glimpses of the intricate details of our world and to thank the Lord for it.
Prayer for today:
Heavenly Father, we give thanks to You for our lives, and we praise You for Your love and grace that we enjoy every day. May we remember that our final resting place is with You, and may we appreciate the beauty You put around us until that time. In the name of Jesus, we pray. Amen.
Gaby
I was looking through my photo archives and saw this one from Spring last year, so I thought it was a good one for this week’s devotional. This is a Buckeye butterfly enjoying native Texas Milkweed in our meadow. It is a unique butterfly and the ‘eye spots’ on its wings remind me of peacock feathers. The Lord created so many varieties of flora and fauna; it just amazes me when I stop to really look at His creation.
This Psalm 24 starts out as acknowledgement of who owns the earth - Our Creator Lord! We dwell in a fantastic universe - here and beyond - and God deserves the praise for all He has done inside of us and outside. There are times I need to remember that He has a purpose in everything, and I must remember not to fret and get worried. Instead, I need to give Him praise and I need to trust the fact that He has my soul completely in His protection and His love.
May your week have glimpses of the intricate details of our world and to thank the Lord for it.
Prayer for today:
Heavenly Father, we give thanks to You for our lives, and we praise You for Your love and grace that we enjoy every day. May we remember that our final resting place is with You, and may we appreciate the beauty You put around us until that time. In the name of Jesus, we pray. Amen.
Gaby

No comments:
Post a Comment