Sunday, May 17, 2026

The name of the Lord is a strong tower; The righteous run to it and are safe.  Proverbs 18:10


Good morning, friends!

This past week we had one morning of strong thunderstorms and buckets of rain. As the shelf cloud came in and the darkness was swirling about, I could not help but pray to the Lord for safety for us and all that were in the storm’s path. These are the type of storms that can produce a tornado if the conditions are right. I thought about the names of God that hail (no pun intended) safety and protection no matter the circumstances.

He is faithful, powerful and merciful. I know that I can stand on His promises and that my life is protected by His righteousness because of God’s gift of faith in Jesus. The storms still make me a little worried, but the fact is I am His and my days on earth and in heaven are secure in His wise plans. It doesn’t mean I need to put myself in harm’s way, but I can rely on Him to show me what I can do to alleviate my fears.

May you seek the perfection of the Lord in His grace and find your safety net in His word.

Prayer for today:

Dear Heavenly Father, we praise You and thank You for showing us how to live in a faithful way, to honor You and give You the glory in all things. In the name of Jesus, we pray. Amen.

Gaby

©gabyethington

No comments:

Post a Comment