I will set nothing wicked before my eyes; I hate the work of those who fall away; It shall not cling to me. Psalm 101:3
Good morning, all!
I hope and pray this devotional finds you well and at peace. I think summer is here in north Texas. It was a humid week, but that didn’t keep the squirrels from scampering all over the area. As I was out walking the property, I saw this squirrel at my neighbor’s big oak tree, running up and down the tree. It was so fast and it was clinging to the bark as if the tree was no big obstacle. Falling from the tree was not an option.
I thought about how I need to work more on clinging to God’s word and not paying so much attention to the world’s ills and depressive state of affairs. I love this verse in Psalm 101 that expresses David’s commitment to righteousness. Faithfulness to our Lord is a mandate to adhere to, like staying away from the way society tells us to live and being sure to listen to the Holy Spirit in us for remaining strong and bold in truth.
May this week be easier to cling to God’s way of living and be fruitful in abiding in righteousness.
Prayer for today:
Our dear heavenly Father, may You be the stronghold in our lives and teach us to live by Your words of truth. May our avoidance of things that are not profitable for righteous living be blessed and give You glory. In the name of Jesus, I pray. Amen.
Gaby
©gabyethington

No comments:
Post a Comment