Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord.
1 Corinthians 15:58Hello, Friends!
One morning last week I was out walking and heard the tap, tap, tap of this persistent woodpecker on the electric pole by our property. I had my camera and zoomed in on it at the very top of the pole, as it was pecking away. I knew at this point that I would use this photograph for today’s devotional.
Chapter 15 in 1 Corinthians explains the resurrection of Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior, and also goes into our own resurrection. It gives us the reason for our hope (which means promise) and the peace of knowing where our destination is. While we are here on earth, our ministry is to love one another and be able to explain the good news of what Jesus has done for us, and essentially to glorify God. We have been forgiven by the grace of God - in believing and surrendering our life to Him. No matter what happens in this life, we know that our rewards are in heaven and we can keep going as we minister (be of service) to others with love and grace.
May your week be filled with opportunities to share what God has done for you.
Prayer for today:
Our Father in heaven, thank You for saving me and giving me hope. Thank You for friends and family. I praise You for Your love and for who You are, God Almighty and there is no other. Help us to have the boldness and the words to convey your saving grace to others. In the name of Jesus, I pray. Amen.
Gaby
©gabyethington

No comments:
Post a Comment