A mini devotional blog published on Sunday mornings, featuring original photography by me matched to bible verses.
Sunday, July 19, 2026
So then it is not of him who wills, nor of him who runs, but of God who shows mercy.
Romans 9:16
Good Sunday morning, friends!
The baby deer (fawns) are starting to be born this season, and this was one that was in the back field. I photographed it from our back deck; it saw me and ran quickly to its mother and disappeared into the trees. They are so cute!
I thought about the running aspect of life and what do we run to or from? I always want to be running to the protection of God with prayer and trust.
This verse I chose talks about the fact that it is the Lord who chooses us. We cannot do anything to obtain saving faith – it is a gift of God and no matter how much we think we have done as far as good deeds, we are at His mercy. And as the bible states in the Psalms, “His mercy endures forever”, so I am grateful for that and for the Lord Jesus who died for us so that we could live forever in His presence.
May this week be full of serving God out of gratefulness and not as a chore.
Prayer for today:
Heavenly Father, we thank You for saving our souls through our Lord Jesus Christ. Help us to share Your love and grace with others and point them to the only Living God who loves and is merciful. In the name of Jesus, we pray, Amen.
Gaby
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment