A mini devotional blog published on Sunday mornings, featuring original photography by me matched to bible verses.
Sunday, August 16, 2026
Trust in the Lord, and do good; Dwell in the land, and feed on His faithfulness.
Psalm 37:3
Good morning, friends!
Hope everyone is staying cool in this summer heat. We are mostly indoors and making lists of Fall outside projects. I do sit outside in the mornings while it is pleasant with the breezes.
I had a hummingbird feeder that the racoons came and played with and broke. I ended up putting two more out there and they stole the little one I had and destroyed the next one (because I forgot to take them inside at night). So, I gave up and as I was feeling sorry for the hummingbirds, God showed me that He takes care of even His tiniest creation. They are still around and are feeding on flowers in the garden!
I paired this verse with my photo because I needed to be reminded to trust in God always, always, all ways. This psalm by king David goes over the fact that we lament the wicked not ‘getting what they deserve’ (at least there are times that I do), but David (through the Holy Spirit’s wisdom) wisely and eloquently reminds himself - and us - that God’s plans are best and ultimately, we do not need to fret about all that. We can do good by showing what His love means to us. I can rely on and recognize the truth that the Lord is aware of every molecule and movement of this earth, its inhabitants and whatever occurs is in line with His intentions.
May this week give you peaceful moments and quiet contemplations of God’s peace and truths.
Prayer for today:
Father in heaven, we ask in humbleness for strength and perseverance to go to Your word and trust in You for our peace and comfort as we live in these precarious times. Help us to remember that You love us, that Your ways are higher than our ways and that our souls are continually in Your hands. In the precious name of Jesus, we pray. Amen.
Gaby
©gabyethington
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment