Sunday, August 9, 2026


Watch, stand fast in the faith, be brave, be strong.

1 Corinthians 16:13


Hello, all!

We are so in the midst of Summer! This has been a cycle of very hot weather in Texas which I know is a natural phase and has a purpose in the Lord’s creation. Texas is known for mild and harsh summer seasons, so this is one of those tough rounds.

I had one last sunflower blooming in my garden, and it stood strong against the heat. Eventually succumbed to its ecological stages, but those bright yellow petals made for smiles as I looked out the window. I photographed it one cool morning (it was so strange to have a summer morning with temps in the 60’s recently - but appreciated!).

I found this verse for today’s devotional. This is the apostle Paul’s encouragement to the Corinthian believers to cling to their faith and work it out in love toward their fellow Christians. We are to be alert to the prompting of the Holy Spirit in us, with a perseverance in growing our faith and to show ourselves as unwavering in the face of trials – we should be trusting God and revealing His love in our everyday lives to others. It is a fearful world today but thank God we are in His hands, and nothing can remove us from His love.

May your week be peaceful and filled with encouragement from the Word of God.

Prayer for today:

Heavenly Father, we praise You for loving us and ask that You give us the strength to stand bold and firm for Your truths and show gentle kindness to others that will point them to who You are. In the name of Jesus, our Lord, we pray. Amen.

Gaby

©gabyethington




No comments:

Post a Comment